Spot the Audi as You WFH
Show off your car-spotting chops with this list of Audis in movies, from E.T. to Spiderman. . .
Let’s say that you’re working from home. Further, let’s assume that there are kids around who are looking for a bit of a distraction.
Well, assuming that they’re as enthusiastic about autos as you are, then perhaps you can give them what can be considered the “Spot the Audi Movie Challenge.”
Audi has provided a list of its vehicles that have appeared in movies since 1982 (when there was an Audi 5000 in E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial).
So you can pick movies from the list and have your kids watch them, shouting out when they spot the Audi.
Who is that on that Audi? (Images: Audi)
Or you can use the list—admittedly, this is a bit of a cheat—and watch the movies with your kids (when you are off the clock, of course) as you amaze them with your ability to ID the Audis.
Either way, you can get hours of viewing pleasure with a slight automotive twist.
Here’s the list:
1. 1982, Audi 5000, E.T., the Extra-Terrestrial
2. 1998, S8, Ronin (if you’ve never seen the chase scene in this DeNiro film, you’ve missed a really good one—really good)
3. 1999, A4 sedan, The Insider
4. 2003, TT Roadster, Legally Blonde 2: Red White & Blonde. (Bonus fun fact: the TT is painted Candy Blue, a color Audi developed for the film—then decided to use as a production car color, too.)
5. 2006, A3 Sportback, Superman Returns (Tip: Lois Lane drives it)
6. 2007, A5, The Bourne Ultimatum (Second tip: Jason Bourne drives it)
7. 2008, R8, S5 and Q7, Iron Man (the start of not only Tony Stark in Audis, but others in the Marvel franchise)
8. 2008, A3 Sportback and S8, Taken
9. 2010, A5 Sportback, The American
10. 2013, R8 Spyder and A8, The Wolverine
11. 2014, A5 Cabriolet and S6, Transformers: Age of Extinction
12. 2015, R8 Spyder, A3 Sedan, S8, S7, and Audi Q7, Fifty Shades of Gray (Maybe give the kids a pass on this one)
13. 2017, A8, Spider-Man: Homecoming
14. 2019, Audi e-tron Sportback concept and Audi e-tron GT concept, Avengers: Endgame
15. 2019, Audi e-tron SUV, A7 and Q8, Spider-Man: Far From Home
Once the playground of exotic car makers, the definition of a niche vehicle has expanded to include image vehicles for mainstream OEMs, and specialist models produced on high-volume platforms.
Designing lighter, stronger and more cost-effective automotive products provides a solid competitive edge to the companies that produce them. Here’s why some are switching their materials from steel to magnesium. (Sponsored Content)
The high-end automotive CAD/CAM systems do a whole lot more than their name implies. In addition to design and manufacturing, they have the ability to support analysis, product data management, and more.