#FEDERALMOGUL

Materials & Lightweighting

13 Suppliers Take Home PACE Innovation Awards

Lightweighting applications to advanced communications and improved visibility

Propulsion

Tenneco Powertrain Nabs 2 PACE Innovation Awards

The winners of this year’s PACE Awards (Premier Automotive Suppliers’ Contribution to Excellence) for innovation consisted of 13 suppliers from around the world.

Business

Tenneco/Federal-Mogul Spinoff to be Named “Driv”

The spinoff company resulting from Tenneco Inc.’s acquisition of Federal-Mogul Corp. last year will be called Driv Inc.

Hybrid

What’s Behind the Auto Supplier Mega Mergers?

Intel and similar companies know they have the opportunity to claim a whole new level of relevance in the automotive market, as software and automation claims a greater share of the future automobile.

Production

Tenneco to Close 2 N. American Plants

Lake Forrest, Ill.-based Tenneco Inc. plans to close its manufacturing facilities Georgia and Ontario by the second quarter of 2020.

Business

Tenneco Shareholders Approve Federal-Mogul Acquisition

Tenneco Inc.’s shareholders have approved by a margin of more than 90% the company’s $5.4 billion deal to acquire Federal Mogul LLC. The purchase was announced in April.

Propulsion

Tenneco Names CEOs for Spinoff Companies

Tenneco Inc. has named CEOs to lead the company’s powertrain unit and aftermarket and rider performance business when the two operations spin off as independent companies next year.

Business

OldCo. and NewCo.: Which Are You?

Traditional auto suppliers should start developing their strategy today or run the risk of quickly running out of options.

IAC Names Rea as Interim CEO

International Automotive Components Group LLC has named investor Natale Rea as its president and interim CEO, effective immediately.

Business

Tenneco Buys Federal-Mogul in $5.4 Billion Deal

Auto parts supplier Tenneco Inc. has agreed to buy Southfield, Mich.-based Federal-Mogul Corp. in a purchase worth $5.4 billion.

Propulsion

Federal-Mogul, Dong Feng Form Piston JV in China

Federal-Mogul LLC’s powertrain operations is forming a joint venture with Dong Feng Motor Corp.’s Parts and Components Group subsidiary to produce pistons in Shiyan, China.

Propulsion

Federal-Mogul Buys U.K. Electric Powertrain Specialist

Federal-Mogul Corp.’s powertrain unit has completed its acquisition of Controlled Power Technologies Ltd. (CPT), a U.K.-based maker of electric motors and powertrain systems.

Propulsion

Federal-Mogul Adapts Heavy-Duty Valve Tech to Cars

Federal-Mogul LLC is introducing a smaller version of its Rotocap valve rotator, which currently is limited to commercial trucks, for passenger vehicles with low-revving, four-valve-per-cylinder engines.

Business

Icahn Buys Precision Auto Care

Investor Carl Icahn has agreed to acquire Leesburg, Va.-based Precision Auto Care Inc. and its Precision Tune Auto Care independent service and repair centers.

Federal-Mogul Names New Co-CEO

Federal-Mogul Holdings LLC has named Bradley Norton as co-CEO and CEO of the company’s parts division, effective March 8.

Business

Icahn Cinches Federal-Mogul Buyout

Investor Carl Icahn, who already owned 87% of supplier Federal-Mogul Corp., finalized a $300 million bid today to buy the publicly traded company outright.

Business

Icahn Hikes Offer for Federal-Mogul Again

Investor Carl Icahn has raised his offer to acquire outstanding shares in Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp. for the third time in seven months, this time for $10 per share.

Business

Icahn May Drop Federal-Mogul Buyout Bid

Investor Carl Icahn, whose Icahn Enterprises owns 82% of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp., says he may drop his offer to buy the company’s remaining shares.

Economics

Federal-Mogul Swings to Third-Quarter Profit

Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp reversed a $63 million net loss in the third quarter of 2015 with a $15 million net profit in the same period this year.

Business

Icahn Agrees to Buy Out Federal-Mogul

Investor Carl Icahn is offering $281 million to buy the 18% of Federal-Mogul Corp. he doesn’t already own.

Business

Icahn Hikes Federal-Mogul Buyout Offer

Investor Carl Icahn, who already owns 82% of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp., has upped his bid to acquire the remaining 18% of the Southfield, Mich.-based auto parts supplier.

Suppliers Recognized for Lightweight Innovations in PACE Awards

The winners of this year’s PACE Awards (Premier Automotive Suppliers’ Contribution to Excellence) for product innovation include 11 suppliers from six countries.

Economics

Icahn Offers to Buy Federal-Mogul Outright

Investor Carl Icahn, who owns 82% of Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp., has offered to buy the remaining 18% of the company.

Business

Federal-Mogul Cancels Parts Unit Spinoff

Federal-Mogul Holdings Corp. has dropped plans to spin off its parts division as a separate publicly traded company.