FCA Honors Top N. American Suppliers
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV gave “Supplier of the Year” awards to 16 North American suppliers at a ceremony this week in Detroit.
The awards recognize companies that have shown an “extraordinary commitment” to innovation, quality, warranty, cost, delivery and FCA’s foundational principles. Winners were selected based on their 2016 “supplier scorecard” performance, which includes partnership metrics.
The 2016 FCA North American Suppliers of the Year are:
- Body – Flex-N-Gate Group
- Capital Equipment – Komatsu America Industries LLC
- Chassis – Mube Inc.
- Diversity – Tenneco Inc.
- Electrical – Autoliv Inc.
- Engine Systems – ABC Group Inc.
- Foundational Principles – Omega Tool Corp.
- Innovation – Dana Inc.
- Interior – Mitchell Plastics
- Mopar – Kay Automotive Graphics
- Powertrain – Linamar Corp.
- Raw Material – AK Steel Corp.
- Services – IHS Markit
- Supply Chain Management – Arbomex, SA de C.V.
- Sustainability – BASF Corp.
- Value Optimization – Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
Suppliers nominated themselves for the innovation, sustainability and diversity award categories. FCA US also awarded 117 global production suppliers for their outstanding quality, which required 100% warranty and incoming material quality scores.
When Suzuki developed the GSX1300R, it set out to build the fastest mass-production motorcycle on the market. As competitors gained ground and stringent emission regulations were set, Suzuki set out to reinvent the bike.
Dan Nicholson is vice president of General Motors Global Propulsion Systems, the organization that had been “GM Powertrain” for 24 years.
A class-action lawsuit has been filed against General Motors Co. over claimed flaws in the company’s 8-speed automatic transmission used in 2015-2019 model rear-drive vehicles.